The Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality technology evolved around time. It is estimated that AR/VR technology will exceed $15-$65 billion in revenue up to the year 2023. AR & VR immersive application development is owned by small businesses, startups to giant MNCs to boost efficiency, save time, enhance productivity, & bring development in customer satisfaction. Many business & industry verticals have growing interest & demand for developing innovative AR/VR apps, Pixel Streaming & depending upon the factors such as time required to complete the apps, customer needs & industrial types the cost of producing the application may vary from one industry type to another. The overall cost for developing AR application for different industry types such as Video games $11.6 billion, Education $7 billion, Real Estate $2.6 billion, Engineering $4.7 billion, Live Events $4.1 billion, Military $1.4 billion, Video Entertainment $3.2 billion, & Healthcare $5.1 billion. Though we cannot perfectly guess the cost to develop AR/VR apps, we can calculate the hourly build-up charges relying on the time it consumes till the completion of the app.
Project Types for AR App Development
- Simple MVP Application Type: This type of apps engages users by enabling them to visualize the vision i.e., unseen before & are created in small size, intuitive & user friendly. They involve 1 to 5 AR models onboard with elementary interchanges i.e., rotate, 3D objects/models, snapshots, etc. An average hourly estimate for creating this type of app from inception to final stage can be described as Designing & wireframing requires 15+ hours, Programming takes 40+ hours, fixing 3D models into app environment may include 90mins relying on source layout & quantity of models, Final product publication in store consumes approx. for iOS 8hrs & Android 4hrs.
- Custom AR Application Type: This type enables features for business requirements such as selecting an item, visualizing products/items, taking pictures, etc. Additional features may influence the AR application cost. Development requires the following targeted period to complete these apps: Sign In/Sign Up takes 14hrs, Catalog preparing 24-25hrs, sharing on iOS needs 4hrs & Android needs 4hrs, building Cart takes 8hrs, 3rd party API involves 15+ per API, Back-end development relies on features designed for the app.
- Enterprise-Grade AR Application Type: AR is adopted in almost all industries for example education, healthcare, retail, architecture, manufacturing & so on. Such Apps are useful in staff training, instant referencing & co-operational works. These apps are also helpful in tracking inventory & offering optimum aid in the business workflow systems. In Sign In/Sign Up developers require 8hrs, Catalog takes 1 day/24hrs, AI-oriented recommendation needs 100+hrs, Sharing consumes 9hrs, Recognition system speeds-in 50+hrs, 3D models Integration requires 5hrs per model & Publishing takes 24hrs.
Project Type for VR App Development
AR/VR collaboratively is a totally in-demand technology that seems to be rapidly creating its significant space into agriculture, gaming, learning, medicine, manufacturing, entertainment & many other types. Let’s look into how much time is consumed by highly skilled & smart AR/VR app developers in building their apps. Simple VR app (Android/iOS) takes nearly 1 month (by 2-5 VR pro app developers), Online VR shopping for retail (Android/iOS) can be completed in 3 months (by 2-5 VR pro app developers), MAX3D Modeling requires 6 months (by 2-5 VR pro app developers), Complex MMORPG can take 1year or more than that (with 10 VR experts).
Application Features of Augmented Reality & the Development Cost based on hours spent
- Marker-Based AR: It is image recognition AR that anchors or overlays digital images to the real-world environment. Through scanning of QR codes/icons/cards via smartphone camera user can plot distinguishing imagery or shape of a model/object on the surface. Marker-Based AR consumes overall 80-200hrs of Development time with approx. development cost $2000-$3000.
- Marker-Based AR Animation: This allows augmenting the virtual object on the physical world thru a camera & decrypted marker ID. There is a value-added feature i.e., added by app developers as it comes up with intuitive audio & with an image. Marker-Based AR Animation involves 110-250hrs of app development timeframe costing from $2600-$3500.
- Marker-less AR: This type uses inbuilt sensors i.e., an accelerometer that tries objects, styles & locations. This means that you can map cartoon characters/any furniture object in the living room. IKEA App uses the Marker-less AR technique. Marker-less AR takes 400-510hrs of app development with $10,000-$11,500 cost.
- Projection-Based AR: It is used in manufacturing lines wherein it offers valuable outcomes to the industry relatively like any other AR form. The manufacturing unit uses enhanced projection technology to easily access the complex manual jobs from the manufacturing operations. Projection-Based AR requires 240-360hrs with $6000-$8000 cost.
- Superimposition-Based AR: This is useful to view an object or part of an object in an enlarged form. This can be prominently used in healthcare apps wherein the objects or parts of body elements can be overlayed on the real image to obtain the niceties of damages from the real body parts. Superimposition-Based AR involves 280-400hrs of app development engagement with approx. cost from $7000-$8500.
- Outlining-Based AR: Object recognition occurs in constrained with outlining AR. It identifies the road limits & creates outlines to understand. The outlining-based AR is utilized in Architecting & engineering to display constructions or supporting pillars via AR technology. Outlining-Based AR takes 168-25hrs of development time with approx. $4200-$5000 cost.
- Recognition-Based AR: This type extensively aims at recognizing & serving detailed info on objects. This is done thru scanning QR code or image that offers incredible information to the users’ discretion. Recognition-Based AR needs 104-150hrs of development with $2600-$3500 cost.
- SLAM AR: Called Simultaneous Localization & Mapping Technology which considers the real world via its feature points to identify the 3D objects, instant tracking, recognizing the scene to superimpose digital interactive augmentations. SLAM AR requires 400-450hrs for completion costing nearly $10000-$12000.
Application Features of Virtual Reality & the Development Cost based on hours spent
- Window on World VR: This feature is useful in building healthcare apps to visualize multifaceted medical procedures like surgeries & cystoscopies & training purposes for healthcare professionals & workers. Window on World VR needs 104-150hrs of Development worktime with approx. cost of $2600-$3000.
- Fully Immersive VR: This travels you thru the actual real world to the virtual world of high-quality visual graphics & sound that comes from HMD. Fully Immersive VR lets you interact instinctively thru the brain & nervous system with limitless opportunities. Fully Immersive VR involves 280-340hrs Development worktime with approx. cost of $7000-$7500.
- Telepresence VR: This remotely regulates sensors from distance & is a useful technique utilized in concepts of drones, bomb disposal robots, & undersea exploration. Telepresence VR helps in creating an engaging work experience for employees with seamless easier collaboration. This offers business teammates to work convincingly that value adds to gaining business leads. Telepresence VR takes 240-300hrs of Development worktime with approx. cost of $6000-$6400.
- Web-Based VR: This requires only the browser that gets you VR experiences & the headset. It is an autonomous platform framework that supports developing immersive & interactive VR smartphone apps. Web-Based VR needs 280-350hrs of Development worktime with approx. cost of $7000-$6900.
In the conclusion, building AR/VR app for your business something out-of-the-box vision & pocket lets you think for the future. Development & Production Teams are going to fill the bucket with the development of overflowing AR & VR apps. The AR/VR quality & technology will emerge with a constant change & millions will be spent to create budding Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality Applications.